For the couple looking for an easy road trip, Beaumont’s got it all – good food, memorable attractions, and date spots that won’t break the bank. If you’re looking to cozy up to that special someone, Beaumont has plenty of things to do for a fun day out, intimate evening, or a full romantic weekend away.
But First, Brunch – J.Wilson’s
A relaxed neighborhood gem, J.Wilson’s new American cuisine is upscale comfort food. Indulge in pecan waffles, biscuits and gravy, and hearty artisan benedicts, and don’t miss the signature man candy, candied bacon. Order a few dishes to share because there’s no way you’ll be able to choose just one.
Too Hot to Trot
Work it off by riding off into the sunset at Tyrrell Park Stables. Beaumont’s premier equestrian center, whether you’re a regular horse whisperer or new to the saddle, the staff is there to help guide you on a trail ride and ensure you’re comfortable on your steed.
Picnic in the Park
Grab some goodies from Abbie’s Imports, which boasts artisan sandwiches, Mediterranean salads, and European pastries for a tasty afternoon treat. You can post up at the free botanical gardens in Tyrrell Park or head to Cattail Marsh, which has a beautiful wetlands boardwalk along with painted picnic tables.
Sip and Swirl
Have you ever heard of a winery on a bayou? Enjoy flights of wine, sangria, and charcuterie boards overlooking the vines at Free State Cellars or cozy up at the Italian themed tasting room at Cotton Creek Winery. Find your favorite pour as you sample the local grapes.
Have a Splurge Meal
The ultimate date night dinner, dine under the twinkling lights of the patio at Finch Hutton. One of Beaumont’s best fine dining establishments expect succulent steaks and seafood on white tablecloths as you treat yourself to dinner under the setting sun.
Grab a Nightcap
Whatever your scene, Beaumont has drinking spot to set the mood. Swing life away at the Little Woodrow’s patio, which has outdoor fire pits, lawn games, and a relaxed vibe. Catch live music at Madison’s on Dowlen or the Logon Café. Put on your dancing shoes to two-step at Sawdust Saloon or play some pool and bar games at Fast Eddie’s.
· Work up a sweat kayaking the Big Thicket or Village Creek Paddle Trail.
· Strike out with a whimsical bowling date at Crossroads or Star Lanes.
· Go retro at the roller rink – whip out your best ‘80s gear and hit up Manning’s Texas on Wheels.
· Make it a sp-aah day. Treat yourself to a much-needed couple’s massage.
· Explore the craft beer scene. Sample the local pours at Pour Brother’s high-tech tap wall or share a flight at Struggle Street.
· Get cultured at the symphony, opera, ballet, or catch a show at the Jefferson Theatre, which is known for their bi-monthly Classic Movie Nights.
· See a wildlife show and hold baby gators at Gator Country.
· Go for a swamp safari or airboat ride and feel the air rushing through your hair.