Welcome To The Hotel Blessing
Our hotel is old and historic, but it’s been remodeled to include modern conveniences like TV, air conditioning and wi-fi. We have rooms available at very reasonable rates. We also have a very popular restaurant that is open every day, but Christmas.
The Hotel Blessing was built in 1906 by Jonathan E. Pierce. Plans were drawn by an architect from Victoria, Texas. The design was inspired by Spanish mission churches and was translated into “Anglo” wood-siding construction.
In 1977 the Hotel was given to the Blessing Historical Foundation, and restoration was begun in 1978. In 1979, Hotel Blessing was entered into the National Register of Historic Places, the first official listing for Matagorda County with this distinction.
The Hotel Blessing coffee shop and restaurant is famous the World over. We’ve been serving great food, buffet style for over 60 years now.