Explore beautiful Galveston Bay on Eco-Art Kayak Adventures with artists and biologists for a unique coastal experience into the pristine marshes and estuaries. No experience needed. Perfect for families, groups, solo explorers, and beginners. Learn how to create a watercolor painting on a kayak and make your own painting to take home. Each painting uses water from the wetlands, so you get to keep a piece of the preserve in your artwork.
Enjoy a tranquil kayak tour on an adventure through the Coastal Heritage Preserve. Experience an exclusive area on Galveston Island. Spot wildlife! Identify native plants and taste saltwort! View our calendar for scheduled dates and register online at www.artistboat.org/public-kayak-registration
Duration: 4 Hours
All Adventures include tandem kayak, lifejacket, paddles, and guided instruction.
If you are late for an adventure or do not cancel at least 24 hours in advance, you forfeit your adventure. There are no refunds.
Registration closes one hour before a scheduled adventure. Payment is required at time of booking.
Address and cell phone are required for your booking contact.
Pregnant women may not participate in a kayak adventure.
Children must be at least 7 years old to participate in this adventure. An adult from the same party is required in the kayak with each child under 13 years of age. Adults with young children should expect to do all of the paddling. If children are under 50 pounds you must provide a Coast Guard Certified Personal Flotation Device.
Children 16 years or older may attend without an adult present as long as a parent or guardian signs the waiver and medical release.
WHAT TO BRING:
– Sturdy shoes such as boots or sneakers or sandals with an ankle strap. Your feet will get wet and muddy.
– Long pants and a light long-sleeve shirt are recommended but not required
– Drinking water, lunch, and snacks
– A hat, bug spray, sunscreen, and sunglasses
– Plastic bag for trash. We are not allowed to leave food debris in our trashcan. It is carry in – carry out.
– A dry bag is recommended if you plan on carrying a cell phone or camera on the kayak.
WHAT TO BE PREPARED FOR:
– Cold or hot weather. Be prepared with clothes that will keep you warm or cool. Dressing in layers is often a good idea. You will get wet.
– Wild animals. There are fire ants and bees out at the Preserve. We’ve never had any issues with them, but be on the lookout and take appropriate precautions.
– Maintain physical distance (6 feet) from the Artist Boat employee and other participants at all times.
Arrival Policy: Check-in begins 15 minutes prior to the time of the adventure. Instruction begins at the time indicated on your itinerary, and is required to participate in the adventure. If you arrive late and miss the instruction session it is considered a late cancellation and no reschedule is permitted. There are no refunds.
Reschedule Policy: There is a $7.50 processing fee for reschedules. Reschedules must be done at least 24 hours in advance of check-in time.
Early Cancellation – Call our office at least 24 hours in advance of check-in time. You may choose to reschedule or get a refund. In either case there is a $7.50 processing fee.
Late Cancellation – If you cancel within 24 hours of the adventure you will forfeit the refund and there is no raincheck. In consideration of our other customers we do not wait on you if you are late, and it is considered a late cancellation.
If We Cancel – We kayak rain or shine. It is a rare occurrence to cancel, but we will not kayak in unsafe conditions. Adventures will be cancelled at the kayak site ONLY at the time of check-in as weather may be inclement at one site but not another. In this case, rain checks are issued and are valid forever. There are no refunds.